1. Downtown Kansas City has experienced more than $6.5 billion in commercial, residential, and hotel development in the last 10 years.
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
JE Dunn Construction Headquarters
2. KC "ignored" prohibition in the 1920s, leading to an abundance of jazz clubs, brothels, and gambling halls. KC even earned the moniker "Paris of the Plains" after one journalist wrote, "If you want to see some gin, forget Paris and head to Kansas City."
If there's one thing we love more than baseball and BBQ, it's alcohol. No shame.
3. Located in the heart of the country, Kansas City is only a three-hour flight from either coast.
4. At 142.2 decibels, the crowd at Arrowhead Stadium the Guinness World Record for loudest stadium on the planet.
5. Walt Disney opened his first animation studio Kansas City - Laugh-O-Gram Studios - where he fed a small rodent that lived in his office that became the inspiration for Mickey Mouse.
6. The city of Kansas City touts:
134 miles of trails and bikeways
Not to mention more than 200 fountains... the most in the world outside of Rome, Italy.
7. Each March, Kansas City hosts more college basketball games than anywhere else in the country.