Get To Know Kathy CopelandBack
Dedicated to serving our sales associates and clients with a passion for over 24 years as Broker of the 8101 College Blvd office and a Broker/Owner since 1997, I have added Business Coaching for all new agents and others who need a boost. It's a great opportunity to enhance our agents' businesses and offer them a more secure future in the real estate arena. As a Kansas Real Estate Commissioner for 4 years and member/chair of the Governmental Affairs Committee on both a state and local level, this has offered me the opportunity to bring pertinent, critical information to our 8101 office and our company. It is important to maintain an office environment where our sales associates thrive and grow their businesses and have complete support.
- College Blvd. Business Coach
- Broker/Owner since 1997
- President/CEO from 2001 through 2004
- Broker/Sales Manager since 1991
- Sales Associate since 1982
- Awarded "Newcomer of the Year" in 1983, "Broker of the Year" and "Sales Manager of Year" by the local board of Realtors
- Awarded the Kansas Association of Realtors "Realtor of the Year" in 2013 - statewide
- President of the Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors in 2007 and President of the Johnson County Board of Realtors in 1998
- Director for Kansas Association of Realtors since 1996
- Involved in both local and state Governmental Affairs
- Chairperson of Governmental Affairs for both the local and state boards
- BA in Business Administration from Ottawa University
- Associate Degree in Business from JCCC Community College
- Attended Geneva College and Penn State University in Beaver County, PA - "Go Steelers"
- Monaca, PA high school graduate
- Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS
- Kansas Association of Realtors
- Missouri Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
Married with 2 children and 4 grandchildren
My husband and I were transferred across the country from Kansas City to Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago, Cincinnati, Chicago and back to Kansas City from 1972 through 1981. We purchased a home in every city never dreaming we would continue to be transferred. No wonder I got into real estate.
I love my family, reading books, am a movie aficionado and cooking (no clean-up however!). I also have a great love for words, learning and cooking terms - who would know. #1 place to go is Pittsburgh, PA, followed by Boston, San Francisco, Europe and anywhere a cruise will take me.
Reading, traveling, "words", learning and visiting home in Pittsburgh, PA.