Job Description of Our Sales Professionals
A career in real estate provides flexibility and freedom to set your own pace. Income directly reflects your efforts with no limits
on what you can earn. Successful people in real estate are goal-oriented, persevering, self-motivated, ambitious and people-oriented.
Profile of a successful agent:
- Good Communication Skills - listens to the needs and desires of the client
- Empathy and People Skills - relates to the client on the client's level. Seeks to understand the client's needs
- Persistence and Hard Work - understands that pay comes from results, not the number of hours or the tasks performed
- Self-Starter - has the desire and ability to work independently and depends on strong self-discipline and self-motivation. A self-starter remains focused and carries out a strong business plan
- Positive Attitude - remains positive even in difficult times. Provides a pleasant experience for all who are involved in the transaction
- Time Management and Organizational Skills - creates a daily plan and remains flexible. Works efficiently. Uses organizational skills to efficiently maximize results from time spent
The rewards of a real estate career include a potential for high earnings, status in the community, autonomy, time freedom, helping people, the intellectual challenge and the satisfaction from these accomplishments.
Not only do successful real estate agents employ those traits, they also are comfortable doing the following activities:
- Prospecting - Much of an agent's day is spent searching for people who want to buy or sell real estate. This can be accomplished in many different ways:
- Personal Networking
- Neighborhood Marketing
- Calling "For Sale By Owner" Homes
- Calling Expired Listings
- Driving potential buyers/sellers to Personal Web Page
- Listing Homes - Listings are the foundation on which agents build their business. Maintaining an inventory of saleable properties and managing the selling process of a home requires strong systems and attention to details.
- Selling Homes - Whether you are working with "first time" buyers or those moving up to a "dream" home, it takes the behind the scenes efforts of your company to assist you through the sale process.
- Negotiating - From the initial writing of the contract through the closing of the transaction, negotiating is an important and critical skill that needs your input and guidance
- Handling the Closing Details - Works closely with all parties to ensure a smooth closing.
- Networking - Don't give up your outside activities! Spend time every day following up on leads acquired through prospecting and social activities.
We know that you probably have a lot of questions and we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are some of the frequently asked questions:
Still have a question or want to talk with a broker to find out more?